Welcome to the Glenelg High
Instructional Technology Resources Page
HCPSS Approved and Accessible Software
The Howard County Public School System authorizes schools to use a specific range of software, that according to education policies, has been tested and proven to be academically appropriate, age appropriate, and accessible to all K-12 student users including those with special needs.
Glenelg library staff can help direct inquiries to the Central Office and Board of Education, both of which institute these policies.
Compatible Software and equipment: Home to classroom. See what will work together:
HCPSS Document on Copyright Laws from Linda Wise, Chief Academic Officer
Student Passwords, how to reset:
- Log in
- Enter student's name
- Follow on screen directions to reset password upon student's next login.
Teacher Access to the Unfiltered Web - Directions:
- Type a blocked web address into your web browser (Internet Explorer in Windows and Safari in Mac OS X work best for now - there is a firewall problem with other browsers).
- When you see the blocked site window appear click on "Login as a different user."
- Follow the on-screen instructions to login with your network login.
- Keep the mandatory popup window open, your browsing is being monitored (minimize popup for convenience).
- Retype the previously blocked web address in your browser window.
- Do not allow students to access the unfiltered web via this process, that would be a direct violation of HCPSS policy.
See submissions and our replies below: